Edit: We are extending the date for entries to the 25th! Best of luck and Merry Christmas!
A 3D Printer is a great thing to have during the holidays because it allows you to spend less time shopping and more time living. And so that all of us this winter can have even more fun and practical use with our printers this season we are proud to present -
ProtoParadigm's December Design Contest - Designer's Holiday : Winter Wonderland
Put those 3D Design skills to the test and create something fitting for the season and the theme of Winter Wonderland. Now is the chance to perfect that fully printed snowball maker or ingeniously design next-generation-all-weather-synthetic-artificial-carrot for your snowman. Perhaps this is the opportunity to finally make that snow-themed seej derivative you've always wanted. Tree ornaments, play-sets, napkin holders, decorations, cookie-cutters, the snowy sky is the limit. Just make sure to spend time thinking about Originality, Visual Appearance, & Usefulness. The Grand Prize will be an entry that has the most impressive sum of these three attributes.
Contest Ends 11:59PM PST December
23rd 25th - Winners announced January 1st, 2013.
Grand Prize - A year's Supply of Plastic Filament
Most Original - $100 Coupon
Most Visually Pleasing - $100 Coupon
Most useful - $100 Coupon
Judging will be based on real world use and public feedback on printed items given with the help of a local book, gift & antique store. Though entries are not directly judged on their ease in printing, the extent that an object lends itself to being printed will naturally have an effect on its visual appearance & function and will affect the judging process.
Design your creation and submit an STL to your favorite online database (Github, physible exchange, pirate bay, thingiverse, etc.), mentioning it as your entry into ProtoParadigm's Winter Wonderland Contest then email us at contest AT protoparadigm DOT com with a link to your design. We must receive your email no later than 11:59PM PST December
Rules and Details
- Entries can be comprised of multiple parts
- Maximum Part Size : 150mm, 150mm, 150mm
- Contestants may enter up to 3 times
- Contestants with multiple entries will only be eligible for a single prize
- Contestants are encouraged to include source files but are required to include an STL file
- Entries should not be obscene or explicitly offensive
- Entries should be new creations designed between Dec. 1st and Dec. 25th
- Entries should not require a dual extrusion printer for successful printing
- By entering you give ProtoParadigm the right to reproduce, photograph, publicly display, and otherwise use the entry for contest judging, and promotional purposes.
- A year supply of plastic filament is defined as twelve 2lb or 2.2lb spools (based on data from user reported consumption rates)